It's funny how we tend to think life's going to zag one way and instead it zips an entirely other way. I had expected my nephew to hang out with me yesterday so we could work on a few of his unfinished projects, but he went out with friends, leaving me to have a pierogi party all by myself. (It's fine, really, as pierogies are so wonderful that I didn't want to share anyway.) I even made chocolate and apricot dessert pierogies out of the leftover dough. 

Blythe and I planned to watch Save the Last Dance and drink some wine. Maybe make some popcorn. We ended up consuming endless margaritas along with our small bowls of popcorn and dessert pierogies. (Those were freaking magical.) We, in fact, did those things, but we also managed to find Forensic Files 2, which I have been dying to see since it came out last year. The show itself had the same flavor as the original, but I prefer the soothing, drawling voice of Peter Thomas. The new guy narrates too quickly and reminds me of a used car salesman. 

We ate pumpkin chai muffins and took a walk this morning. No plans, just Blythe and I talking about getting older and food and exercise. When we got back, I caught up with the husband and the kids to see how their day was shaping up. (Turns out it was pretty exciting.) 

There's nothing witty or moving in this entry. Just the simple fact that we expect life to go one way, but it rarely ever does. We can plan for everything. It might help a little. When it comes down to it though, planning out every last detail is for suckers.



This entry was posted on 2:28 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: