I won't lie, it's nice to be home again. There's a lot about Alaska I miss and Wisconsin just doesn't fill the gap. (But I've known that about Wisconsin for a long time now. I'm not destined to spend the rest of my life there. I just can't. But I digress. That's a story for another time.) 

There's nothing better than getting to see familiar faces at your destination. I'm thankful my sister and her husband felt comfortable enough to host me for a few days until I find out if I have COVID cooties. It's nice to spend some time with them before they go to Florida. It will be good to hang out with my grown-up nephew. And both my parents called me yesterday. I know they're chomping at the bit to see me. Especially Dad, but I think that's only because he really wants his backlog of taxes done. 

Blythe picked up Mom's sewing machine yesterday and I finished taking apart the quilt I started ages ago. Long story short, I wanted to make a Roman Road quilt with the blocks. They were slightly too long. Instead of cutting them down to the proper size, I started to sash the blocks which is way. More. Work. (Don't ask me, I really don't know what I was thinking.) So now, I've decided to go back to my original plan. The ends of the blocks will be cut off and resewn together. I brought some fabric to sash them. I just hope it will be enough. If not, I guess there's always time for a visit to a quilt store, right? (Yes, once my quarantine is over. I may not enjoy wearing a mask, but I'm not irresponsible.)

My nephew has a couple of projects he wants to get done, too. He has two patches that need to get sewn to a bag and a bag of pins that need to be displayed in a shadow box. And from some of the leftovers in the fridge, I'll teach him how to make ham and potato as well as cheese and potato pierogies for lunch. With whatever spare time there is to be found, we'll probably watch the fifth Sharknado movie and I'll sew more blocks together. We'll take a walk (maybe I'll get two!) and then I'll cook some Mexican soup and quesadillas for dinner. I'll talk to my family throughout the day and see how they're holding up. The boys have the day off of school today to mark the end of their second quarter. I hope they don't get into too much trouble...



This entry was posted on 9:26 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: